Monday, April 22, 2013

SHORT STORY: Wrinkled

Once plump, now I lay here withering.  Patiently biding my time, patiently awaiting my demise.  I feel the intense sun rays beating down on me as if I were not thirsty enough.  I can tell I am dehydrating, my once reddish skin, now transforming before me into an unfamiliar brown.

This is it.  I heard some describe that your life flashes before you, but that is not the case for me.  I have done nothing worth recalling.  I feel like it was just yesterday I was plucked from my environment, but discarded for unknown reasons, now cursed to shrivel out of existence.  I feel like I am too young.  Hardly a ripened fruit who has yet to spread his seed.  I have no legacy.

In my final moments I have nothing left to live for.  My only solace in life was not knowing what the future may bring.  Now the results are laid out before me, the results are in.  I guess some grapes were destined to be raisins.

No comments:

Post a Comment