Monday, April 29, 2013

SHORT STORY: Making the Cut

Sitting and waiting; I am amongst others who are all after the same position.  I size up my competition; they seem like a sharp bunch.  I can’t tell by looking around if they are better or more capable than me for doing the task at hand.  I hope I make the cut.  There is one in the bunch, clear cut, trim, and shear; he would seem like the obvious choice. 

There is also a lefty among us.  Some say they have a different way of doing things, but between you and I, I think we are all the same.  Also, I heard the lefty was a little too snippy at times and has a history of getting caught up at inopportune times.  I will definitely be picked before that one, for sure.  I wonder what they are looking for in their pick.  I know I can do the job, but we can all do the job.  Maybe they judge based on appearance?  I hope I don’t appear too dull.  Maybe size?  Is it illegal to choose based on size?  Well models and lumberjacks need to be a certain build, so I guess not, but this is more of a mundane task.  It should not be based on size.

I could really use this to boost my esteem.  I wish they would just come out, and hand me the papers I need.  That would be glorious.  Here they come; it looks like their mind is made up.  Pass right by me.  I guess I did not make the cut today.  Maybe tomorrow they will need a pair of scissors.

No comments:

Post a Comment