Friday, April 5, 2013

CD INTERVIEW: Nonpoint's Self Titled Album

To kickoff my CD interview series, I decided to start with one of the new great additions to my music collect, Nonpoint's self titled and seventh studio album, which happens to be one of their finest contributions to the industry.




Dan: I want to start right off by saying that you are the best album of 2012, and there were some pretty strong contenders like the long awaited new Soundgarden album.

Nonpoint CD: Well thank you, that really means a lot to me. It is an honor to be so well received from fans both new and old.

Dan: So you are the seventh born from Nonpoint, it must be tough to get attention in a family that large. How do you get along with your brothers?

Nonpoint CD: Well, I want to state for the record, that my older brothers rock, and are really supportive of my emergence into the world. At first, I was kinda intimidated by how awesome they were and I just wanted to live up to their standards, but then I was like, you know what, I do not want to live in anyones shadows, so I started to shine on my own, and I think the listeners can agree I stand on my own.

Dan: I certainly agree you shine all by your lonesome. Talking about your brothers, I understand you do not share the same parents?

Nonpoint CD: Well, we share some of the same parents, two to be specific, Elias and Robb, so we are really two-fifth brothers, but we treat each other like the real deal. And my other parents, the new ones to the gang, Rasheed, Dave, and Adam, have been great stepparents to the others; really embraced the songs and rock them like no other, so we are a really comprehensive family now.

Dan: So how do your parents get along?

Nonpoint CD: They get along really great. They are together so often that it is really important that they like each other. In fact, they are trying to fund raise to stay on the road so they would not go through that effort if they did not like each other’s company. Tell me, is this interview going to be featured online?

Dan: Yes, why?

Nonpoint CD: In that case, readers can CLICK HERE to contribute to their campaign to raise money for their tour. Sorry for the shameless plug, but with each donation you can get some pretty cool and unique things like acoustic recordings, and shirts, and personal performances.

Dan: That sounds great, I actually already made my contribution and am eagerly awaiting my spoils, and even if all someone can spare is enough for the acoustic songs, I still think it is worth their time and money. But, now I am thinking about you in the whole tour picture, I assume you do not go on the road with them.

Nonpoint CD: No, I do not, I get to stay home and make sure all is well at home base.

Dan: Since you are still kinda young, does that make you a latchkey kid or something like that?

Nonpoint CD: No, not at all. CDs do not age the same way humans do, so I am good to hold my own, and I am hardcore like that.

Dan: So you like when your parents are gone?

Nonpoint CD: Don’t get me wrong, I love the guys, and I cannot wait for them to come home and work on a new sibling for me, but it is also great when they are gone. I get to eat all the box mac and cheese I want.

Dan: Do you have a favorite track on you?

Nonpoint CD: It’s really hard to say. They all make up who I am; it’s like me asking you what’s your favorite organ in you.

Dan: Good point. But, I guess I can have a favorite track on you right? For me, it is “Lights, Camera, Action”. It has such raw energy and it opens up the CD and lets listeners in on what to expect.

Nonpoint CD: Yea, that is a good one, and I guess if we are exchanging compliments; I like your spleen.

Dan: Thanks, it filters my blood pretty good. Can we talk about your name?

Nonpoint CD: I don’t see why not.

Dan: You are Nonpoint’s self titled CD, yet you are their seventh studio album; does this put any pressure on you, or does it place any undue resentment on your from the other albums?

Nonpoint CD: Not to take anything away from my siblings, but it’s like a long line of father’s naming their sons John, and this went on for let’s say ten generations. Then this one John has one kid, but names him Chad or something, now everyone thinks he broke the chain, but he was just waiting. He then has five more sons, and they get names from Billy to Jacob, but no John. Then lucky number seven comes along, and the father knew that this was the one. He knew that this one was right and that it deserved to carry his namesake, thus he named it John, and thus I am named Nonpoint.

Dan: A great analogy. Now let’s end with some levity. If you could have lunch with any celebrity, who would it be and…

Nonpoint CD: Taylor Lautner.

Dan: Wow, that was quick, care to elaborate?

Nonpoint CD: No.

Dan: Fair enough. Well, that raps it up. Thank you for your time, and thank you for being so awesome. I will hear you when I get into my car later today.



No comments:

Post a Comment