Sunday, March 3, 2013

SHORT STORY: Zombie Mine Forever



I look across at her and can’t help but ask myself why she loves me so. I know it can not be for my brains because of what I have left they are practically useless to us. Could it be my looks? I do not think she would be that superficial, she really has a one track mind with no room to stray; plus I will humbly admit that I have not so easy on the eyes as of late.
What then? My ability to procure food, or maybe my ability to take care of her? But I know she would get along just the same without me, it is just the truth in the way it is. Could it be the fact that our love is a force that could not be stopped; save fire or perhaps a large set of stairs? No, these silly thoughts are just lingering sentiments of a life once had; do they truly matter? In the grand scheme of things I admit that there is no point, and to compound that I am not sure how much longer until comprehensible thoughts will subside.
Should I just let it be? I know my love for her is strong, and she is still by my side. Who cares as long as we are together, right? I will express my love in the form of a kiss. Actually, I think I will wait until she stops noshing on that arm; I am sated and can not eat another bite. Well that is assuming that she will offer, but for some reason she has been becoming a little more food aggressive. Was it something I did? I do not think so. I am just grateful that she is so transparent. I mean I can practically see through her right into her heart.
Wait, what day is it? Is it our anniversary? Is that why she is being so cold, or is just that we are no longer warm blooded? No, I think it is our anniversary, or at least in the close proximity of. I should surprise her and take her someplace nice; perhaps a neurologist? That will show her that I still care, and that I still think about her even amid everything that is going on.
She looked up at me; her pale eyes still as captivating and breathtaking as when they were once blue; and while we still had breaths to be taken away. The connection is still strong, it’s still there. She discards the limb that she was gnawing on and clunkily slides a bit closer. I extend my arms for the embrace and she leans in. I hold her tight and I lay a kiss upon her cheek. I squeeze and then I feel her squeeze back. She is now nibbling on my ear; she still loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment