Saturday, February 23, 2013

FAN MAIL: Ours

Dear Ours,

Every time I listen you one of your songs, and every time I see you perform I truly appreciate that music exists. Jimmy Gnecco is arguably (at least by me), the best vocalist I have ever heard, and it baffles me that more people are not aware of how amazing Ours is. I know it was said at your concerts that you do not want to make the music that the record companies want you to make and thusly make your own music and release it on your own, sacrificing the reach that these companies provide, but still I am still dumbfounded that more people know Skrillex than you. Also, some of the things that is passable on the radio nowadays just confuses me. I am not really sure where the talent portion comes into play, when someone else programs a beat, a “singer” picks it out and sings to it, with words written by a lyricist, and then has AutoTunes generously applied. Really, this is acceptable? Why can’t other professions get away with this? Why can’t doctors just be like, well you want me because I am a doctor, but I am going to let someone else do all the work and I will just approve it, like say, an intern or a resident…oh my god, this is the way the world works. Why have I not realized this before? Can I do this with writing and an auto word generator? Let me give it a try…

"Pineapple forest sat classroom tutor time. Pickle foot, me? No, thus a pickle is not a father. I will punch a toe in the stomach until electrify spirit."

Am I famous yet? How will I be able to tell? I just checked out my window and there were no paparazzi, but I guess that is not a good tell because I have no clue how good their GPS units are. Is this what Dan Brown does maybe? Could the Lost Symbol be some mysterious letter that he stumbled upon as a program wrote his books? I must find this Lost Symbol and ride the success like a wave; I should get Bermuda shorts to fit the role. Anyway, thanks for keeping music real, and I cannot wait for the new CD this year and to see you perform to add to my list of five times already.

Yours kinda truly as this was also written with assistance from a computer,
Dan


Ours at Bergen County Fair, NJ (October 27, 2012)


Ours at The Studio at Webster Hall, NYC (July 20, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment