Monday, June 10, 2013

SHORT STORY: Chiming In

I shout as loud as I can, but you pay no attention.  You can not ignore me forever, especially if I keep it up.  We had an agreement, you are the one who picked the time, and I am just holding up my side of the deal.  I see you stirring, you have been spotted, now commit, jump into action.  Seriously, you are looking the other way, you ask for so much, and I ask for so little, and this is the appreciation I get.

There you go, finally some motion…wait a minute, what are you doing.  Oh my god, did you just hit me?  Why on earth would you do that?  You were the one who set this up, you initiated the whole thing, what did I do to deserve that?  You are a monster.  I am furious, I will just stop trying, see how much you like me then.  I am sure you will regret your actions.  You do not understand that this is my job, and I was acting on your behalf.

I know you had a long night last night, so I am beginning to understand, but you still need to respect my rights.  Perhaps I shall give you a little more time.  Perhaps I shall try again in nine minutes.  For now I will let you snooze, and next time I will try to be less alarming.

No comments:

Post a Comment