Monday, May 20, 2013

SHORT STORY: A Well Written Tale

Here I sit, isolated and desolate.  I have given up on the world, and have no one to blame but myself.  I know why I am here, because I never pay attention.  My whole life my parents and teachers always told me to focus on the task at hand, but keep an open mind to what is around you.  The story of my life, I could only image what glories have passed unknowingly before me.  If I would have only paid more attention, if I would have only listened for once in my life.  Perhaps I was fated to be here?

I do not know how long I have the ill fortune to sit in the dark, surrounded by my own pain and misery.  An hourglass of torment, with each grain of sand that passes stealing another morsel of my sanity.  Perhaps this will be my final resting place, and I am destined to rot here?  If that is the case, those who have a thirst for adventure are certain to find my foul and bloated carcass less than appealing.  Who is going to miss me anyway?  Does anyone even know I have not been around?  Perhaps if I cry out in agony someone will strike pity upon me and join me?  Misery loves company, but the wrong company could just end up bringing me more misery.  I opt to stay alone.

I use to be somewhere, I use to be going places, oh how I did fall.  It seems like only yesterday I was on top of the world.  How long has it been?  It is hard to keep track of time when you don't see the sun.  The sun is overrated anyway.  With my pale complexion I am prone to burning, so I say good riddance.  What I do miss is the fresh air.  The air around me now is dank and stale, no wonder no one wants to live here, aside from the more obvious issues why this place can not be a proper home.  That being said, I have grown tired of being here, I am getting anxious.  I need to stretch my legs.  I need to see if they still work.  I need to see my family again.  I need to laugh again.  Will somebody save me, will somebody walk by above.  I have fallen in a well, somebody come get me.

No comments:

Post a Comment